Wednesday, March 12, 2014

British Light Dragoons



Enough with the Horrible Histories and Dark Ages shenanigans, I hear you say! Well who am I to stand in the way? Back to the main game it is then!

I present to you Strelets' British Light Dragoons painted as the 12th LD ready for service in my Peninsular War British forces. The figures are from Strelets' Egyptian Campaign range, and the riders sport hair tied in a queue, but compared to the Italeri Light Dragoons, which are only appropriate from 1813 onwards, these are much more appropriate for the majority of the Peninsular War.

These chaps also took me beyond my target of 600 points in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge! Huzzah!






9 comments:

  1. Nice loking dragoons, love the officer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very nice - I haven't seen this set before, and the paint job is your usual super standard.

    By-the-bye - since we have mentioned this subject before, did you see that i have finally solved my heavy dragoon problem? - check out

    http://prometheusinaspic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/at-long-last-proper-british-peninsular.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very, very smart Rosbif. I thought they looked a bit unpromising in the plastic, but you've done a marvelous job on them.

    On the other hand, I may now have to invest in some...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow very nice. Plastic toy soldiers really have come a very long way since the 80's. I ran a production plant for matchbox back in those days and we produced 1/72nd toy soldiers on injection moulds. I thought our quality was good but these are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought some with the idea of using them in the Peninsular Campaign. Slightly concerned having not seen any painted... till now...Super job sir. I'm inspired by your skill at brushes. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see some of these Strelets figures painted, they look beaut, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I am not a great fan of Strelets but a great paintjob like this one always enhances the look of the blobs enormously: so well done that man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers, all!

    Strelets are funny; they look supremely ugly on the sprue, but are completely transformed by a coat of paint. I don't understand how, but it's a fact!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf